On this episode, business building expert, Jim Palmer discusses with Matt what holds people back from starting a business, why today’s economy presents a greater opportunity for success than in the past and the difference between an entrepreneur and a business owner.
What You’ll Learn:
- How Jim got to the point of owning 5 businesses and writing 5 books.
- What holds most people back from becoming an entrepreneur.
- Why you need to stop waiting for it to get easier.
- The benefit of starting a business in down economic times.
- What you should be doing in the “early-lean” years to ensure success.
- The difference between a small business owner and an entrepreneur.
- The first thing you need to do if you want to launch your own business.
- Why having passion is not enough to have a successful business.
- The easiest way to determine the amount of interest in your potential business.
- Why it is critical that you get a coach or mentor.
- How to get a cheap and quality education in entrepreneurship.
- How to start a business when you have very little money.
- Where to find free mailing lists for your business.
- What you should do if your significant other is no supportive of your endeavors.
- The strategy Jim uses to keep himself motivated.
Resources Mentioned in this Podcast:
- WIN IT!!! For every iTunes review you leave on a Theriault Media Podcast (Do Over, Epic Real Estate Investing, Turnkey Real Estate Investing, Hold That House, and Body Do Over), you will be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card given away on each show in the month of December! Good luck!
- Get your Do Over started by downloading The 3 Pillars of Creating the Ultimate Do Over at FreeDoOver.com.
- Pay what you want for the book that started it all, Do Over.
- NEW!! Get access to fast cash for your Do Over with our unique credit-based funding program at DoOverFunding.com.
- If you have a question, comment, or concern reach out to Matt at DoOverGuy@gmail.com.
- Learn more about Jim Palmer and his business at The Newsletter Guru.
- Stop Waiting For it to Get Easier: Create Your Dream Business Now
- Think and Grow Rich
Thank you so much for joining us on this episode of the Your Do Over podcast. Please subscribe to the podcast so that you will get instant access to our new episodes.
If you found this podcast helpful, please take a few minutes to leave us a positive review in iTunes. Your reviews help to improve our search rankings so that we can spread the love. Thank you!